Magisto is hiring! To apply, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Magisto is an application for Web, iOs and Android that offers users a fun and easy way to share their experiences through video. No previous experience or knowledge of video editing necessary – simply record and upload your videos and Magisto turns them into beautifully edited movies, complete with music, transitions and effects, in minutes.
The Backend team leads, designs and develops Magisto’s server platform and provides a comprehensive set of application programming interfaces (REST APIs) for all types of integration.
The Backend team's main goal is to build a cutting-edge application that emphasizes performance, seamlessly supporting our millions of users and movies productions.
As a Backend Dev. You will Build and maintain a high-performance & scalable platform. Rapidly iterate on platform features, developing elegant solutions using open source tools and Pro-actively look for ways to make the system better and implement them.
- Server technology: Python is preferred, other Unix-based technologies (PHP, Java, Ruby, ...) are relevant as well.
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure and databases.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack.
- A natural problem solver and troubleshooter.
- A true team player.
Realtime SW Engineer
The team utilizes high performance computer vision algorithms for video analysis.
- Proven experience in implementing real-time algorithms.
- Experience with C/C++– Must.
- Experience developing on Mobile platform – Must.
- A true team player.
- Creativity and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with GPU (e.g. OpenGL, Cuda, RenderScript, OpenCL).
- Knowledge with camera developement or Augmented Reality.
- Knowledge with video or image processing, etc.
Junior QA & Support Engineer
- Design, create and execute manual tests on a variety of platforms and report about the testing being done.
- Test under uncertainty and time pressure.
- Provide technical customer support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Maintain the product's knowledge-base (e.g. FAQ, product specifications).
- Become part of a unique up-and-coming tech company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Fluent in English (more languages is a bonus!).
- Self-driven to solve and fix problems.
- Passion for new technologies and devices.
- Early adopter mentality.
- Familiar with software development technologies, languages and tools. Actual hands-on experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in providing technical support directly to end users is an advantage.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies is an advantage.