Magisto is hiring! To apply, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Magisto is an application for Web, iOS and Android that offers users a fun and easy way to share their experiences through video. No previous experience or knowledge of video editing necessary – simply record and upload your videos and Magisto turns them into beautifully edited movies, complete with music, transitions and effects, in minutes.
Senior Product Manager
As the Product Manager you will lead Magisto's project & Product plans, Develop and implement comprehensive project plans, Identify critical path decisions, side by side to managing daily activities, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects.
- Planning, Managing & Execution the product lifecycle roadmap.
- Work closely with Marketing, R&D, management and Brands.
- Lead processes and teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing products through all phases.
- Consumer and Mobile experience - a Must!
- Video experience - a Huge advantage.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Direct work experience in inbound and outbound projects.
- Ability to work in a super challenging and dynamic startup environment.
- Technical background – Must!
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, customer oriented.
- Fluent English.
We are looking for a talented iOS developer to join our team, to build and maintain Magisto iPhone and clients. focus on: responsive designs, sleek UI, close integration with server components and video recording, video manipulation, video playback.
- Write and maintain iPhone / iPad client-side code.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones.
- Solve challenging client performance and scaling issues.
- Work closely with product managers designers, and backend developers.
- Use expert knowledge of the iOS platform to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- Experienced in developing mobile (iPhone or Android) apps, at least 1 year of experience specifically on iphone.
- At least 2 years experience in building consumer-facing web or mobile clients.
- Fluency with Objective-C, knowledge of cutting-edge iOS technologies.
- Experience with video apps (using the camera / transcoding / streaming) - big plus.
- Familiarity with HTML5 / CSS - plus.
- Comfort in a small, intense startup environment.
VP of Sales and Marketing
Magisto is looking for an exceptional VP of Sales and Marketing in our Menlo Park, CA office to further develop our B2BC product offering and scale sales.
- Work with senior management to refine Magisto’s B2B2C strategy
- Continue to iterate on Magisto’s B2B customer development and product/market fit exercise
- Refine B2B positioning, sell story and sales material to clearly communicate the offering
- Take over, grow and manage an awareness campaign and lead generation program
- Grow and manage deal funnel
- Close a mixture of strategic partner deals and more templated repeatable sales with agencies, brands and other media companies
- Scale Magisto’s B2B2C program to a point where it is a key driver in company growth
- Manage and grow a small team of sales and marketing professionals as the business line scales.
- 5+ years Business Development and/or Sales and Marketing experience specializing in traditional or digital media platforms.
- Relationships with media buying, creative and social agencies and the kind of brands they represent
- Experience managing a team at a senior level.
- Must have a comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for digital and related ad mediums
Social Media and Community Manager
Magisto is looking for a vibrant and savvy individual who will spearhead the company’s Social Media marketing strategy in our Menlo Park, California office.
- Outline clear objectives for social media strategy and implementation
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing and content strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Measure and analyse results to establish ROI on an ongoing basis. Compile reports to show results.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.(ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a Social Media Manager.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism a plus.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress and Adobe photoshop.
- Love reading and learning about current trends in social media, and technology.
UX/UI Visionary Designer
Magisto is looking for an outstanding and creative UX/UI designer to work directly with Magisto CEO in designing the future of video storytelling in our Menlo Park, CA HQ.
- Work jointly with Magisto’s CEO and product team to ideate, prototype and design new products and features
- Boldy go where no man (or woman) has gone before
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience as UX/UI designer
- Must have a strong design portfolio that includes consumer facing mobile UI
- Portfolio of creative,, out-of-the-box solutions for design & interaction problems
- Video post-production knowledge highly preferred
- Portfolio in either PDF or online format required
Contract Graphic Designer
We’re looking for someone with impeccable design taste and a forward looking perspective on what’s next in design and technology. This is a part time contract position and can be based in our Menlo Park or NYC office.
- Communicate between product team and CEO to drive alignment on product design\
- Coordinate all marketing collateral and assets through a network of internal and external designers and personal contribution
- Ensure a high level of quality and brand consistency from the details to the "big picture" on each project
- Responsible for creating or directing the design of marketing collateral, sales collateral, web and mobile landing pages, e-mail creative, event signage and collateral banners
- Proactively ensure that all efforts are coordinated with the larger design team and that the needs and expectations of internal “clients”/departments are met
- Balance design aesthetic and brand communication against business objectives such as conversion rates
- Produce, edit, alter, and deliver designs on time and to specification
- Contribute to developing brand guidelines and shaping the brand
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience as a hands-on designer in a design studio, advertising agency, or marketing creative department
- Must have a strong design portfolio that includes digital, mobile, print, social, and print
- Fast simple mockup/prototyping
- Motion apps - AE, Flash etc
- Experience designing PowerPoint presentations and templates
- Manage process, budget and freelance support for assigned projects. Work with vendors and manage printing/video and other outsourced budgets for individual projects.
- Mobile experience and video production experience a plus
- Roll with late-changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Portfolio in either PDF or online format required