Father’s Day is just around the corner and there’s no better way to tell Dad you love him than with a personalized Magisto Movie! And this year, when you create a Magisto Movie for your dad and use the hashtag #Dad in the title, you’ll be entered to win an iPod Touch and a totally awesome Magisto neck tie – you decide which prize to give to Dad and which to keep for yourself!
How does the contest work? Well, starting today every Movie with #Dad in the title will be automatically entered in the contest. You have until 11:59pm EST on Tuesday night to submit your Movie and get as many likes on Magisto as possible, because on Wednesday morning we’ll award prizes to the most-liked Father’s Day #Dad Movies.
As we mentioned, the grand prize is an iPod Touch and a totally awesome Magisto neck tie (yeah, we know the tie is the way more exciting of the two). We’ll also be giving free one-year Magisto upgrades to the 10 runners up.
Here are some tips on how to use Magisto to make the ultimate personalized Father’s Day gift:
2. Shoot some videos and take some pictures of and about your dad. This can be you talking to the camera and saying something to your dad, videos and photos of you hanging out with your dad or anything that represents a special moment or inside joke you share with him. Getting out the old family albums and taking pictures of old photos of your dad when he was young, you when you were a baby and other fun memories can add a nice touch!
3. Upload the photos and videos you want to use to Magisto
4. Select a Video Style and song – choose one you think your dad will like!
5. Give your Movie a title – this is a good place to write a short greeting for your dad. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #Dad if you want to be entered in the contest!
6. Wait for your Movie to be created and get ready to see your dad cry tears of joy when you show it to him!
Share your Movie with all your friends and ask them to like it, since the winner will be the person with the most likes on their Movie!
Looking for inspiration? Our community manager, Megan, put together this Father’s Day Movie for her Dad, complete with a video greeting, some old photos, and a few videos and pictures that she thought he would enjoy. Disclaimer: It’s really hard to write and hold a camera at the same time!