This week we introduced our “Happy Birthday!” editing style so we thought it would be fitting to share some tips for making an awesome birthday video.
Looking to create the perfect birthday video? You’ve come to the right place! Magisto’s birthday video maker makes it easy to create personalized professional looking birthday videos that your loved ones can treasure year after year in just 3 easy steps:
In this post we will walk you through how to create the perfect birthday video, best practices, and fun birthday ideas. Creating a birthday video is easy, and takes less than 5 minutes – no experience needed!
Here you will find:
- Birthday video ideas
- How to create the best birthday video with Magisto
- Birthday video tips
- Birthday video best practices
- Quarantine birthday
Let’s dive in!
Birthday Video Ideas
1. You Are Simply Timeless
Age is just a number, right? Celebrate someone who had his share of rounds around the sun with this elegant and nostalgic template.
2. Birthday Time-Lapse
Take a trip down memory lane with this touching template, featuring beautiful moments from then until now. I’m not crying. You’re crying!
3. I Love You More Than I Can Say
A well-known fact is that grandparents are the absolute best. Show your granny and pap how much you love and appreciate them. Trust us. It will mean the world.
4. You’re One Cool Cat
Tired of worn-out birthday cliches? Send birthday wishes differently with this quirky and fun template that’s perfect for anyone who values uniqueness.
5. 3, 2, 1, Happy Birthday
Get everyone excited with this super cool countdown video. Everyone will ask you how’d you make it, but we’ll keep your secret safe.
6. Thanks for a Great Birthday
Show your friends and family how thankful you are for their loving birthday wishes with this template, perfect for sharing on social media.
7. Belated Birthday Wishes
Forgot someone’s birthday? Oh well, it happens to the best of us! Get away with it using this funny video template. Forgiveness guaranteed.
8. Baby Birthday
There’s nothing sweeter than a baby’s birthday! Celebrate your bundle of joy with the pastel-ish video template that you can keep forever.
9. Birthday Video for Guys
Who said guys hate sentimentality? Guys can get pretty touched if you disguise a heartfelt birthday wish under a layer of sarcasm and self-humor. There are a few ways to create a birthday video that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Include embarrassing footage (as cringe-worthy as you can get), ironic wishes, and don’t forget to sprinkle some inside jokes on top.
10. Birthday Video for Sisters
Your sister (or your sister at heart) deserves a birthday video as amazing as she is! Since you two went a long way together, dig up and find lost gems from the past. Mix new and old memories, add personal titles, customize colors and fonts and most importantly – don’t forget to choose the right songs out of Magisto’s 750+ royalty-free soundtrack options. Another option is to upload a song you two like or a voice-over. The result will be beautiful, just like your sisterhood.
11. Birthday Video for Mom or Dad
Creating a birthday video for one of your parents is a great way to warm their hearts and show them how much they mean to you. One idea you can do is a list of all the things you like about them, and to build your video around it. Magisto’s big music library has a lot of nostalgic songs adults love, and together with our editing styles, your video will shine on social media.
12. Birthday Video for a Girlfriend
Let’s face it, a birthday video for your girlfriend has a corniness potential. Instead of using worn-out lines, here’s an alternative: turn the video into a time warp of the great year she’s had. Include all of her beautiful moments, not with you only. Looking back to her year’s highlights will surely warm her heart and show her how much you appreciate her. And the award for the world’s best boyfriend goes to…
13. Birthday Video for a Best Friend
When your best friend is having her birthday, you probably want to share your love to her with the whole world on Facebook. You know what they say – if you’ve got it, flaunt it. Write titles with some of the things you love about her – try not to be cliche, add fun music, and let Magisto do all the rest. Let’s break the Internet!
How To Create Your Birthday Video
- Click “Make a new video”
- Select the photos and videos you want to feature
- Choose a Happy Birthday video template
- Select a birthday video song from our music library (or upload your own!)
- Give your birthday video a name
- Edit your birthday video text
- Save – Magisto will edit your movie for you, automatically. It’s perfect for making movies for friends, family, even your pups!
- Send your birthday invitation video to your friends
Birthday Video Tips
Here are a few birthday video ideas to keep in mind when creating your video —
- Get nostalgic! Uploading old photos and videos from previous birthday celebrations can add a nice touch to your finished movie. Birthdays are a celebration of being a year older so they’re the perfect time to take a look back on all of your memories!
- Sing happy birthday to the camera, share a spoken birthday greeting or hold up a sign with a written greeting to add a personal touch to your happy birthday video.
- If there is a special song you know the person you’re making the movie for LOVES you can upload it for your soundtrack instead of using music from our library (though we think you’ll like what you find there!).
- Use the title to add a personalized Happy Birthday message to your movie.
- Add a unique greeting and wishes to your video, pick one of our more than 70 birthday wishes & quotes.
- You can also celebrate your memories and create a photo collage using Fotor. Collect your best images and combine them into one image, make photos more interesting.
Birthday Video Best Practices
Quarantine Birthday Ideas
Celebrating a birthday in quarantine? Make that day special for them regardless of the circumstances. Support a local business by having a birthday cake delivered (win-win!), set up a video-birthday-party, send gifts, goodies, and decorations – there are plenty of ways to make someone smile on their special day!
We’d love to see all of the birthday videos you are creating! To share a birthday video with us, just include the hashtag #birthday in the title and it will automatically be added to our public Birthday album.
Magisto’s birthday video maker will add all the colorful bells and whistles to your video to give it a fun, celebratory vibe, but you’ll provide the real magic with the photos and videos that you upload.