Magisto is hiring! To apply, shoot us an email at email@example.com
Magisto is an application for Web, iOS and Android that offers users a fun and easy way to share their experiences through video. No previous experience or knowledge of video editing necessary – simply record and upload your videos and Magisto turns them into beautifully edited movies, complete with music, transitions and effects, in minutes.
Fullstack Web Developer, Israel
As a web developer at Magisto, you will build Magisto's website for multiple platforms using all the latest and newest techniques; implement responsive designs, shape up UI, improve user interactions, flows and more.
- Write supplementary back-end code with Python/Django.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and back-end engineers.
- Experiences in developing with one or more of programming languages: Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology ( HTTP protocol, cookies, asset loading, caching )
- Visual design skills - a plus
- Experience related to video (HTML video player , understanding of video formats , transcoding) - a plus
Senior iOS Developer, Israel
In this position you will responsible for driving new features end to end – through prototyping, implementation, testing, and shipping. In addition, you will be working alongside an excellent cross-functional team to build exciting features and intuitive interactions. If you like to write quality code, work in sprints, chat about services and threads, automate what you can, wow over big data, stress about fragmentation, look at the big picture of a project, advocate best practices, evangelise delighting the user, and make millions of users happy with what they're using on the iOS platform while getting paid to do it then we’d love to have you on our team. As an integral part of our team your effort would be impactful and help deliver some truly amazing software to millions of users worldwide. This position will report to the R&D manager while also participating in daily scrums and cross team collaboration efforts.
- BSc degree required, CS major is preferred.
- Highly proficient in Objective-C
- Proficient in Swift 2.3 / 3
- 7+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 5 years of iOS development experience
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design for software and mobile, including design patterns and TDD
- Deep knowledge of the iOS Ecosystem (UIKit, GCD, Core Animation, Auto Layout, iOS memory management) and App Submission Process via Apple AppStore
- Involvement in making design and general product decisions
- Learning new technologies when required
- Performing peer code reviews for immediate and related teams
- A great team player
- An advantage:
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks such as XCTest (Unit & UI testing)
- Experience building mobile apps that access RESTful services
- Passion for discovering, reading and sharing new technologies / frameworks