Magisto is hiring! To apply, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Magisto is an application for Web, iOS and Android that offers users a fun and easy way to share their experiences through video. No previous experience or knowledge of video editing necessary – simply record and upload your videos and Magisto turns them into beautifully edited movies, complete with music, transitions and effects, in minutes.
Back-End Developer, Israel
Build Magisto backend using all the newest and coolest technologies; Optimize backend processes; Scale up Magisto backend architecture: from queues to SQL/NOSQL database, job servers and APIs
- Build and maintain a high-performance & scalable platform.
- Rapidly iterate on platform features, developing elegant solutions using open source tools.
- Pro-actively look for ways to make the system better.
- Very strong knowledge and experience with one or more of programming languages: Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure and databases.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack.
Fullstack Web Developer, Israel
As a web developer at Magisto, you will build Magisto's website for multiple platforms using all the latest and newest techniques; implement responsive designs, shape up UI, improve user interactions, flows and more.
- Write supplementary back-end code with Python/Django.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and back-end engineers.
- Experiences in developing with one or more of programming languages: Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology ( HTTP protocol, cookies, asset loading, caching )
- Visual design skills - a plus
- Experience related to video (HTML video player , understanding of video formats , transcoding) - a plus
QA Engineer with Video Background (Engine team), Israel
As a QA tester in the engine team, you will help us optimize our engine’s automatic editing abilities. A unique position, combining technology and art.
- Examine videos for quality assurance purposes
- Detect bugs that have to do with special effects, sound, timing, themes and any other relevant features
- Analyze bugs in order to perfect engine’s abilities
- Work closely with members of the Creative team and algorithm experts
- Education/Training relevant for QA - a must
- 1-3 years of experience in a software QA position
- Acquaintance with principles of video editing, basic knowledge of video editing software
- Acquaintance with Adobe products for video editing - a big plus